A couple of weeks ago I posted a picture of our garden border which was under attack from a colony of weeds. I vowed to post a picture the following week of the border cleared. It didn't happen. In my defense the bank holiday Monday we had set aside for the task was a wash out.
So we did a take 2 this weekend and attacked the border. Not only were the weeds settling in nicely but a tree was growing and a bramble patch. Two hours and a lot of thorns through gardening gloves later and it was looking so much better! Here is the after shot:
Turns out the little bushes were actually alive under all the long grass and weeds. The rose bush in the middle has lots of buds on so I was reluctant to prune it, but I will cut it right back in the Autumn as it has got rather ugly.
We also made a start on another garden project which I will fill you in on next week...