8 filleted chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 bunch spring onions (finely chopped - reserve the dark stalks for garnishing)
Sesame seeds to garnish
1. Place all your ingredients, except the sesame seeds and spring onion stalks, in the slow cooker and give it a really good stir.
2. Turn the low cooker to low for 3.5 - 4hrs.
3. Remove your chicken from the sauce and pour the sauce into a saucepan. Boil for 10minutes to reduce the sauce until it thickens. (you can add cornflour to thicken but I don't like the aftertaste of cornflour)
4. Meanwhile shred the chicken with 2 forks
5. Place the chicken back into the sauce and mix until well coated.
6. Serve over rice with sesame seeds and spring onion stalks to garnish.