This slow cooked garlic and honey chicken recipe is my new go to slow cooker dish. So easy to do and makes a wonderful dish for the whole family (yes, the kids lap it up faster than us!). Bursting with Asian flavours the key to this is not to over cook in, you'll only need about 3-4hrs on low in the crock pot so don't leave it on all day or your chicken will dry out.
8 filleted chicken thighs or 4 chicken breasts
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
4 garlic cloves (crushed)
1 bunch spring onions (finely chopped - reserve the dark stalks for garnishing)
Sesame seeds to garnish
1. Place all your ingredients, except the sesame seeds and spring onion stalks, in the slow cooker and give it a really good stir.
2. Turn the low cooker to low for 3.5 - 4hrs.
3. Remove your chicken from the sauce and pour the sauce into a saucepan. Boil for 10minutes to reduce the sauce until it thickens. (you can add cornflour to thicken but I don't like the aftertaste of cornflour)
4. Meanwhile shred the chicken with 2 forks
5. Place the chicken back into the sauce and mix until well coated.
6. Serve over rice with sesame seeds and spring onion stalks to garnish.
Artist, Baker and Blogger. Mum to my two beautiful, cheeky girls. Muddling my way through parenthood with equally cheeky Husband.