Recently Little E has become obsessed with pancakes. All shapes, all sizes. I have become an expert at oven baked pancakes, crepes and now American style fluffy pancakes. This recipe is the quickest, easiest one I have found and seems to create perfect pancakes every single time.
I timed this recipe on a school morning so you can see just how quick it is. I also got to try out Wykes Farm butter (If you like their cheese you are going to love this butter) which made the pancakes taste divine.
Quick American pancakes
Preparation time: 5mins
135g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
2tbsp caster sugar
1 large egg, beaten
2 tbsp. melted butter (cooled slightly) plus extra for cooking
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar into a large bowl.
2. In a jug lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then whisk in the melted butter.
3. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and beat until you have a smooth batter.
4. Let the batter stand for a few minutes
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan and add a knob of butter
6. Add a ladle of batter to the pan (it will be very thick but don't worry that is exactly as it should be)
7. Wait until the mixture starts to bubble then flip over to the other side.
8. Cook until both sides are golden brown. The pancake should rise to about 1cm thick.
9. Repeat with remaining mixture.
10. Serve warm with whatever toppings you desire. (We went for Nutella)
There you have it - a super simple recipe made before the school run. Off Little E goes with a smile on her face (after we have cleaned all the Nutella off!)
Wykes Farms kindly sent me the butter to review, all opinions are my own
Artist, Baker and Blogger. Mum to my two beautiful, cheeky girls. Muddling my way through parenthood with equally cheeky Husband.