With Easter approaching it is a great time to get the family together, celebrating the arrival of Spring and eating too much chocolate. If you are getting a bit tired of the traditional roast dinner why not shake up your Sunday lunch with an American twist! This month I have teamed up with Newman's Own, the makers of American sauces, salad dressings and marinades to bring you some fun recipes to keep the whole family happy over Easter.
Today we have the delicious Fiery Bourbon Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dip which makes an excellent spicy starter.
Fiery Bourbon Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese Dip
Marinate the chicken in the sauce for a few hours or overnight if you have time.
Preparation time: 5 minutes, plus marinating time
Cooking time: about 40 minutes
1 kg chicken wings
250 ml bottle Newman’s Own Fiery Bourbon BBQ Sauce
For the dip:
125 g soft cream cheese
4 tablespoons Newman’s Own Blue Cheese Dressing
2 spring onions, chopped
Selection of crudités to serve, such as peppers, carrots and celery
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, Gas Mark 6.
2. Place the wings in a shallow roasting tin and pour over the sauce, turn to evenly coat the chicken in the sauce. You can do this a few hours before or overnight in the fridge, so the chicken marinates in the sauce if you have time.
3. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven, turn over the wings and baste with the sauce.
4. Return to the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes, until the wings are sticky and slightly charred. If you prefer you can remove the wings from the oven 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time and place on a hot barbecue for 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile in a bowl, beat together the cream cheese with the blue cheese dressing and most of the spring onions. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the remaining spring onions.
6.Arrange the chicken wings on a large platter and serve with the blue cheese dipping sauce and crudités
Linking up to #TastyTuesday and #RecipeoftheWeek
Artist, Baker and Blogger. Mum to my two beautiful, cheeky girls. Muddling my way through parenthood with equally cheeky Husband.