Sharing one of my favourite and easiest recipes this week. These cookies are always a big hit and their versatility means the basic recipe can be adapted to make a different flavour cookie every time. If you overcook them they become more like biscuits and still taste delicious so you can't really go wrong!
12oz self raising flour
10oz soft butter or margarine
8oz caster sugar
About 2oz of whatever filling you fancy (chocolate drops, smarties, raisins, chopped nuts, chocolate orange segments, fudge chunks, Nutella - the possibilities are endless. If you fancy add some spices such a a touch of cinnamon or some vanilla essence)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
2. Mix everything together in a bowl and use your hands to kneed it together. It shouldn't be crumbly so if needed add a little extra butter/margarine.
3. Take some dough and roll it into a ball about the size of a ping pong ball and flatten it slightly to form a circle about 1.5cm thick.
4. Place on greased baking tray leaving space between each one for them to spread.
5. Depending how large you make them you should be able to make approx 20 cookies.
6. Bake in the oven for approx 15mins
7. Remove from oven and after a few minutes ransfer to a wire rack for cooling.
If you want to be really indulgent dunk half the cookies in melted chocolate and dust with edible glitter - yum!
Artist, Baker and Blogger. Mum to my two beautiful, cheeky girls. Muddling my way through parenthood with equally cheeky Husband.