210g dark soft brown sugar
100g caster sugar
160g unsalted butter (melted)
1tbsp vanilla essence
250g plain flour
1 egg yolk
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp cocoa powder
300g mixed chocolate chips (white, milk and dark)
1. Preheat oven to 170 C, 350 F or gas mark 3. Line baking trays with parchment paper or use cookie sheets.
2. Sieve the flour, salt, bicarb and cocoa powder together into a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
3. Add the sugar to the melted butter and cream together. Add the egg, yolk and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
4. Add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
6. Drop approx. 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture onto the baking tray. Do not flatten. Make sure you space the drops evenly leaving plenty of space around for them to grow. You should get about 24 out of the mixture depending how much raw cookie dough you eat... or is that just me?
7. Bake for approx. 8-10minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
Linking up with #SundayKitchen and #recipeoftheweek and Sunday Fitness and Food link up