Rice pudding is such a fantastic winter comfort food and this almond milk version is perfect for me as I have been limiting my diary intake over the past couple of years. Quick to make but seriously indulgent with delicious cherries soaked in kirsch - the perfect lazy Boxing Day pud!
Almond Rice Pudding with Cherries in Kirsch
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 – 40 minutes
• 100g pudding rice
• 1.1 litres sweetened almond milk
• I vanilla pod or 1 tsp of vanilla essence
• 12 Opies Black Cherries in Kirsch, drained and reserved syrup
• grated nutmeg to decorate
1. In a large heavy based pan, add the pudding rice and almond milk.
2. Split the vanilla pod in half, scrap out the vanilla seed and add to the pan as well as the pod.
3. Over a gentle heat, stirring occasionally cook for between 30 and 40 minutes until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Remove the pod.
4. Serve in individual glass jars, topped with Opies Black Cherries in Kirsch, drizzle over some syrup and a grating of nutmeg.
Artist, Baker and Blogger. Mum to my two beautiful, cheeky girls. Muddling my way through parenthood with equally cheeky Husband.