Afternoon Tea Week continues and today I am sharing another tasty recipe from the lovely people at The English Provender Co. These recipes are so easy and taste amazing so you can forget posh hotels and do it yourself at home.
Cranberry and Orange Muffins
Makes: 10 muffins
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
2 large oranges
275 g self- raising flour
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
75g caster sugar
1 large egg, beaten
90 ml sunflower oil
6 tablespoons The English Provender Co. Wild Cranberry Sauce
Little demerara sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC, Gas Mark 5. Line a muffin tin with 10 paper muffin cases.
2. Finely grate the rind from the oranges, then cut the oranges in half and squeeze the juice into a jug (you should have about 180 ml of liquid, make up to this amount with water if necessary).
3. In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, caster sugar and the orange rind. Using a metal spoon, mix together.
4. Add the egg, oil and cranberry sauce to the orange juice and beat together with a fork. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, the batter will be lumpy.
5. Spoon into the prepared cases, sprinkle each with a little demerara sugar and cook in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes until well risen and golden. Leave to cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Delicious served warm or cold.
Don't forget to enter my competition to win a set of The English Provender Co. Luxury Curds during Afternoon Tea Week by entering my competition here.