I timed this recipe on a school morning so you can see just how quick it is. I also got to try out Wykes Farm butter (If you like their cheese you are going to love this butter) which made the pancakes taste divine.
Quick American pancakes
Preparation time: 5mins
135g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
2tbsp caster sugar
1 large egg, beaten
2 tbsp. melted butter (cooled slightly) plus extra for cooking
2. In a jug lightly whisk together the milk and egg, then whisk in the melted butter.
3. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and beat until you have a smooth batter.
4. Let the batter stand for a few minutes
6. Add a ladle of batter to the pan (it will be very thick but don't worry that is exactly as it should be)
7. Wait until the mixture starts to bubble then flip over to the other side.
8. Cook until both sides are golden brown. The pancake should rise to about 1cm thick.
10. Serve warm with whatever toppings you desire. (We went for Nutella)